Future Continuous Tense
Here's an example:
"At 10 PM tonight, I will be watching a movie."
In this sentence, "will be watching" is the future continuous tense form of the verb "watch". The speaker is describing an action that will be ongoing at a specific time in the future (10 PM tonight), watching a movie. The use of "will be watching" indicates that the action is not completed, but rather will be ongoing at the specific time in the future.
|Subject + will be + present participle(verb + ing form)|
I + will be + watching
I + will be + talking
I + will be + visiting
There are some verbs that are not commonly used in the future continuous tense because they describe a state or condition rather than an future ongoing action. In such cases, it is more appropriate to use the simple future tense.
Verbs of perception: see, hear, smell, taste, feel
I will see you tomorrow. (simple future - preferred)
I will be seeing you tomorrow. (future continuous - not the preferred option)
Verbs of emotion: love, hate, want, need, like, dislike
She will want to go to the party. (simple future - preferred)
She will be wanting to go to the party. (future continuous - not the preferred option)
Verbs of possession: have, own, possess
He will have a new car next month. (simple future - preferred)
He will be having a new car next month. (future continuous - not the preferred option)
Verbs of measurement: weigh, cost, measure
The package will weigh 2kg. (simple future - preferred)
The package will be weighing 2kg. (future continuous - not the preferred option)
1) This time tomorrow, I will be boarding a plane to Hawaii.
2) At 8 PM tonight, I will be attending my friend's birthday party.
3) Next week, I will be taking a Spanish language class every morning.
1) They will be moving into their new house next month.
2) We will be visiting New York City during our summer vacation.
3) He will be attending a job interview next week.
1) I have a feeling that they will be winning the championship game tomorrow.
2) I think that she will be arriving at the airport around noon.
3) The weather forecast says it will be raining all day tomorrow.
1) Will you be joining us for dinner tonight.
2) Will they be playing tennis tomorrow morning?
3) Will the concert be starting on time?
|I will be talking||I will not be talking||Will i be talking?|
|We will be talking||We will not be talking||Will we be talking?|
|You will be talking||You will not be talking||Will you be talking?|
|He will be talking||He will not be talking||Will he be talking?|
|She will be talking||She will not be talking||Will she be talking?|
|It will be walking||It will not be walking||Will it be walking?|
|They will be talking||They will not be talking||Will they be talking?|